Thursday, June 30, 2011

Alaska

Hey strangers,
...so much for me 'posting all the time during summer cause I have so much free time' like I said... oops. Its hard to post everyday or even every week! With summer school and fun vacations, my blog has taken a back seat. But as for now, I'm back to show you some cool things. 

Last night I got back from a adventure filled vacation with my dad and sister to Ketchikan, Alaska. For those of you who have never been it's quite the cute little town. No there are no polar bears, or ice burgs, or eskimos just a lot of cruise boats, seafood, and tourist loving jewelry stores. 






The second day we headed down the street from my aunt's house to the zip lining course! This was my third time going in Ketchikan and it was such a blast!



The next day it was time for another adventure. My dad, Kelly and I drove up to Ward Lake for a little flyfishing hiking extravaganza combo! We hiked around the whole lake, tried to catch some fish in a river and saw a ton of huge trees. 






After that failed attempt at fishing, my dad told me, "Today we fished but tomorrow we're catching!"

And that is exactly what we did. The next morning my alarm went off at 5:55AM. Not the best hour and minute of my day but I rolled out of bed. After sleepwalking into my clothes and boots and settling into the car, we drove to Cedars lodge where we would meet up with our captain, and friend, Sean. My Uncle Dennis, Dad, Kelly, Sean and myself headed out on our first fishing day. An hour and a half ride out to the middle of the ocean didn't agree with my Special K I had that morning, but I held it together. I got some fresh air and soon enough the boat and stopped rocking and we were starting to fish. 

This is definitely a very mini and less dangerous version of deadliest catch, haha. We were fishing for king salmon, pinks, silvers, and halibut! 





For those of you who love sashmi like I do, this is the freshest I've ever seen it. I caught this fish and asked Sean if we could have it...aka have some for a snack and sure enough he filleted it perfectly and we had some salmon sashmi for lunch. (of course accomlanied by some sriracha)


We broght home almost 100 pounds of fish!

Although fishing was the main reason why we were going to Alaska, I thought I'd take advantage of the beautiful scenery and take some photos of outfits I styled. With Kelly's nice camera we set out to find some fun areas for our little photo shoot. 

Let me know what you think!














more from Alaska coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment