Tuesday, May 10, 2011

M.I.A

Yes, I know. It's almost been a month since I've posted last! Since it's been a long time I'll catch you up with whats been going on...



My sister, my mom, and I went and saw Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, and Rick Ross in concert at the Oracle Arena in Oakland. Afterwards, me and Kelly stood out by the buses and tried to get inside... didn't turn out too well...




My awesome family came up to celebrate Easter...and we had some unbelievable food. These pictures were from Easter brunch...





 Cafe Delucci, North Beach






After they left school proceeded, and my spring season of volleyball came to an end.

Now I had time to do whatever I wanted! The days seemed to last forever which was a nice change from the disciplined, hectic volleyball life. 

Normal life went on, normal meaning seeing this happen right outside my window...

So classy....



And all of this free time allowed me to have some quality moments with my roomie and teammate in the Castro...(for those of you who don't know SF, the Castro is 'gay neighborhood' and yes, people walk around naked...)


A couple days later we had our end of the season spring BBQ...



The one thing that comes with volleyball being over is the regular working out schedule comes to a screeching hault. Now I have to work out on my own??? What does that mean...
Since I haven't yet, I've decieded to try and eat a little healthier...

looks delicious right?


Recently our school had our annual fashion week. Just like fashion week in NYC, we have all sorts of events going on leading up to the Graduate Fashion Show. The show is where all of the senior fashion design students show their collections. It's an amazing show. They set up a huge tent and a lot of major designers come out and choose what students they want to hire. 

 One of the events I attended was a 'talk' between Gladys Perint-Palmer, our schools fashion dirctor who is highly known in the fashion industry, Natalie Rykiel, designer for Sonia Rykiel, and New York Times fashion editor Cathy Horyn. 
Being so inspired by my other creative classmates, I went to my fashion design class later that week with a brain full of ideas. Although I won't be making these clothes, this is a small part of what I've been working on the past couple weeks.













Living in SF it's hard not to have those weak moments when you break down and run into Nordstroms to find happiness. Especially when your life consists of reading about fashion, studying fashion, talking about fashion, and basically living in a life surrounded by fashion every single day. I had one of those terrible but devilishly fun moments Sunday...

The newest addition to my wardrobe are these amazing Borne cork wedges. They are so comfortable and cute and perfect for this summer!






With all of that said, that is what I've been up to since my last post...

...and with finals coming up, the wedding of the beautiful Jill Singletary on the 21st, and heading home for summer I'm not sure I'll be posting a ton...BUT with summer coming soon be ready for a lot of new and fun posts! I've already started planning some awesome photoshoots I want to do and share with you guys! 

Now it's time for bed. 
Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment